Kansas City Times, June 17, 1958.
Boyd W. Parks' land consisted of 111 acres since 1943 in SE 1/4 of Sec 9 Township 51, Range 31. The east half of this land was patented to Littlebury Estes in 1821. He conveyed it to Peter Estes, who immediately secured a patent to the west half of the quarter section. Peter Estes owned this land when Zion's Camp encamped there in 1834. Algernon Sydney Gilbert's probate court records, Clay County, July 14, 1838, contains no land titles, as possibly he and George Burket rented from Estes.
Footnote 73 of
"The History of the Latter-day Saints in Clay County, from 1833-1837" by Parkin, Max H.